This was another productive week of school. We just finished week 4 for this year and all is still good :) We only did a 4 day week this week. This is a photo of Jade reading from her Bob Jones reader. She likes the little stories in this book so far and they have such nice morals to them. I have posted a few pictures of some work they did this week. I do not have any of my oldest this week. She is loving her Sonlight though (that is such a blessing for us!) Enjoy the photos and have a great weekend :)
Each day I write a small paragraph on the white board for her to copy for handwriting/copywork practice. She is wanting to begin cursive so I told her to give me a few more "good printing" sheets and we can give it a try.
Here is a page from her Bob Jones reading workbook. It is kinda like a phonics lesson on one side of the page and questions about the story on the other. She enjoys it :)
This is one of her Saxon 2 worksheets. The first several lessons are just review from last year. I am actually considering skipping them since they are really easy for her and she keeps asking when is she going to do something new.
This is one of her Saxon facts sheets. She has to do one per day and it is timed for one minute. She gets so excited when I tell her to "go!". This is the first year she has had to have timed facts sheets. 




3 comments:
Hey, Michelle. Great pics. My dd7 started cursive last week and she loves it. She thinks it's "pretty." Jade has really neat handwriting. She should do well with cursive. Have a good weekend!
Jennifer
My son loves Kumon workbooks too. I let him tag along in school when he feels like it as well. Normally he joins us for about 20 minutes and then he is off to play legos. :) I'm glad you had a good week.
I love the pictures! :)
Judy
www.6blessings4us.blogspot.com
Post a Comment