Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're officially "lapbookers"!

Okay, so I declare us lapbookers now :) With reading into all the type of lapbooking we gave it a shot last year by doing a simple one on pumpkins. It turned out really cute and my daughter enjoyed it very much. Well, this year she has requested to do *more*. All my kids are pretty crafty and hands-on so these things are a hit around here now. Jade (2nd grader) chose to do one on the very funny book "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". My oldest daughter read this book years ago and liked it as well (infact, *she* ended up reading it to Jade & Joshua instead of me). I found a wonderful site... homeschoolshare.com (thanks to all of you that recommended it!) and got free, yes, FREE lapbook material for this book. All I had to do was print it all out on cardstock & paper. We just finished it today; started it last week. I will probably start one with my little guy (who's 3 1/2) next week with the book "Goodnight Moon". He was a little young to participate in Jade's since most of the material was over his head. I have posted a few photos of what it turned out like. I apologize for the blurriness of the pictures but my camera tends to do this every now and again. Enjoy and have a blessed day :)










4 comments:

Gina said...

That turned out great!! I will have to try and do one when my kiddos are older. Thanks for sharing! :)

0 said...

Well done!! It looks great! They are so much fun to do. :-)~MichelleC

www.yankeegal.geeksforchrist.com

Unknown said...

Very nice! Homeschool Share is an incredible resource! :-) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Your lapbook turned out great! We did one on frogs and that was fun. I do have the wheels on the bus one but haven't touched it. I'll have to check out the site you mentioned.