Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day of School

Today was our first day of school. This year Kayla will be in the 7th grade, Jade will be in 2nd, and Joshua is doing some "light" preschool stuff. Jade started her school work this morning around 8:30 and finished at 10:00. It was a light day since mainly her worksheets were review form last year. She was so excited to start! As her curriculum came in the mail over the summer you would've thought it was Christmas for her LOL. Kayla did not start today. She wants to wait until her public/private school friends start next Monday. Which is fine by me because it gives me a week to get Jade (and Joshy) in a routine and schedule...gotta love my type "A" personality ;) Also, Jade has a lot of new curriculum this year that I have to familiarize myself with. So, the first day was off to a great start. I think we will have a great year this year and I am very pleased so far with the curriculum choices I have made. I have some photos I took this morning that I'd like to share. Have a blessed day!





















6 comments:

Brooke Lorren said...

Love your little guy's picture! I think you and my dd are using the same curriculum; I'll make sure she doesn't visit the site and get any answers ;-)

Kel said...

How cute. Looks like they enjoyed themselves. Annika was especially excited to see a picture of her "penpal" doing school and starting the same day we did.

Anonymous said...

Today was our first day too even though we didn't do any school. I'll be posting about it shortly.
Julie - Soaring Eagle from HSR

Joyful Mother said...

Looks like a great first day. :)

Gina said...

I'm glad your first day went so well. We started school today too. Your son is just too cute!

God bless,
Gina

michelle said...

I'm glad to see that your first day of school went so well! I hope you have a great school year!
Blessings,
Michelle