Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today's Happenings

Tought I'd post a little summary of our day around here thus far :)

Firstly, my youngest daughter is "under the weather". She started vomiting last night around 7:30. She woke up a couple of times during the night as well. This morning she has not vomited but has not eaten or drank anything either. She took a couple of small sips of Gatorade (that's all this kid can drink if she feels sick!)earlier but that's been it. She has not left her bed except to go to the bathroom. She is a small girl, so to see her pale white with dark under her eyes is sad :( Please pray for her a quick recovery....whatever this may be.

Secondly, my oldest daughter has a friend coming over this afternoon. No, the parents do not mind that my youngest *may* be contagious :/ Also, this crazy child of mine has informed me she wants to be a forensic scientist *gasp*. She says she loves learning about DNA and wants to be called to crime scenes (no, I do not allow her to watch those shows on tv...I promise! LOL). Oh dear, this is the same child of mine that wants to be an international missionary *another gasp*. Don't get me wrong, that is wonderful and all but, the natural motherly instinct in me sees "danger". Obviously, this girl has no fear and a huge trust in God!

Let's see, thirdly, my little guy has been playing all day. Not with his toys of course...with my curtains attached to my front door that covers the glass *sigh*. So, I have had to do a little curtain hardware maintenance around here. Currently, he has tipped over the play kitchen set and is using it as a pirate ship *sigh again* and has 4 chairs lined up in front of the tv in the school/playroom with his teddy bears in them so they can "watch PBS" too! Okay, I know that was a major run-on sentence...don't judge me ;)

.....think I'll go have *another* cup of coffee.....

4 comments:

redkitchen said...

Hey, Michelle! Sounds like a busy day. I sure hope your dd gets better soon. Your little guy sounds just like mine--too funny!

Gina said...

Coffee always helps make things better. :) I hope you dd feels better soon.

Amy said...

I hope that your little one is feeling better soon.

And if your oldest daughter does get called to crime scenes...I want to go along. I think I would totally rock at being a CSI.;) An international missionary.... not so much. I have too many bathroom related issues....I'll stay in America. LOL!;)

And as for your son....Sigh...How well I understand. I live with three males. *Sigh*

Come to think of it, I could use *another cup* of coffee too.;)

God Bless,
Amy:)

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Poor thing, I will pray for her :) Yes, coffee is my go-to in difficult situations..lol.

Your dd sounds like me when I was her age...wanted to be a coroner..lol. Thank goodness my oldest only wants to be a Meteorologist! (well forecasting while on missions he says..sigh)